We are accepting applications for hosts and hostesses to join our dining room staff. This position is responsible greeting and welcoming all guests with a smile and a pleasant attitude; seating guests; monitoring the open dining sections of the restaurant for empty and cleaned tables; estimating wait times for guests; monitoring the guest waiting list; moving tables together to accommodate large parties; and ensuring that the needs of the guests are met while they are waiting. The host/hostess is also responsible for answering the telephone, fulfilling reservation requests; assisting servers in providing the highest quality service, and performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or as assigned by management. The host/hostess stocks the supplies of the host stand and completes light cleaning duties. The host/hostess may also take carryout orders for the restaurant, enter the orders, and accept payment where applicable.
Syberg's Family of Restaurants & Helen Fitzgerald's Irish Grill & Pub are looking for professional employees that are energetic, reliable, punctual, friendly, outgoing, are able to multi-task, possess superior attention to detail, and are a team player. You must be able to work efficiently and be well-organized while in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be at least 16 years of age or provide a work permit
- Demonstrate the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to lift and/or move up to 20 lbs
- Requires the ability to walk, bend, twist, and stand to perform normal job functions
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires the ability to handle cash and credit transactions and count change
- Prior experience a plus, but not required